Our solutions cover the entire employee lifecycle from selection through to development, focusing on individuals, teams and organisational solutions.
A cognitive measure designed to predict real-world performance and describe reasoning style.
The Hogan Business Reasoning Inventory (HBRI) describes reasoning style – the ability to evaluate sets of data, make decisions, solve problems, and avoid repeating past mistakes. By assessing reasoning style, you can identify candidates’ problem-solving style, understand their capacity, and identify areas for development.
The HBRI evaluates two kinds of problem solving:
Quantitative Reasoning: involves working with mathematical and spatial information to solve problems
Qualitative Reasoning: involves working with data visualisation, logic, and verbal information to solve problems
The HBRI can be used in selection to predict real-world performance of candidates, including identifying individuals who learn quickly on the job, solve problems and understand the implications of their actions. It can also identify high performing individuals who perform well in cognitively demanding and intellectually challenging jobs and assist in promoting strategic self-awareness for these individuals.
- A business-related measure of cognitive ability
- Validated against business success criteria
- Designed to predict occupational success
- Useful for candidate screening and career/leadership development
- Developed exclusively on working adults
- Online administration and instantaneous reporting
- Items developed to minimise reading requirements and adverse impact
- Norm based on sample of working adults in professional and managerial roles
How can we help?
Contact us to discuss your requirements.